Prep Family AssociatioN
Prep Family Association provides volunteer support to the faculty, staff and students at Creighton Prep while offering an opportunity for parents and guardians to become more involved in the Prep community.
EVERYONE IS A MEMBER
- All parents and guardians are automatically members.
- No formal enrollment or dues.
- Everyone welcome – moms, dads, guardians and grandparents.
Prep Family Association meetings include a review of group business plus remarks by guest speakers like Head of School Jim Bopp and offer insights into school programs. All meetings start at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, September 14
- Rev. Matthew Spotts, S.J., Prep's 34th President, in the Criss Auditorium. Meeting minutes.
Wednesday, October 13
- PFA Fall Social in the Lannon Learning Commons
Tuesday, November 9
- Sara Smith, Director of Student Activities, and Dr. Dan Schinzel, Athletic Director, in the Hall of Fame Room
Tuesday, January 11
- Kevin Kaminski, Prep's Mental Health Practitioner, and Dave Lawler, Director of Campus Ministry, in the Hall of Fame Room
Tuesday, March 22
- Speaker to be announced in the Hall of Fame Room
Wednesday, April 6
- PFA Spring Retreat with Fr. Schneider, S.J., Director of Adult Spirituality, in the Sullivan Center
Throughout the school year, PFA provides the volunteers for many school events and activities to make these occasions memorable for our sons.
Take a look at the many opportunities to get involved. When you see something you're interested in, you can sign up using the links in each listing below.
- Financial Donations
- New Families Mass & Orientation - August 15, 2021
- Freshman Welcome Dance - August 20, 2021
- Curriculum Night - August 24, 2021
- Preptoberfest Volunteers - September 25, 2021
- Freshman Homecoming Dance - October 2, 2021
- Homecoming Dance - October 9, 2021
- PFA Fall Social - October 13, 2021
- Ignatian Breakfast - October 15, 2021
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation for P/T Conferences - October 21 & 22, 2021
- Open House - November 7, 2021
- Ignatian Breakfast - December 2, 2021
- Freshman Christmas Dance - December 4, 2021
- Faculty/Staff Christmas Cookie Gifts - December 9, 2021
- Operation Others Workers Lunch - December 17, 2021
- Maintenance Crew Support Breakfast - Christmas Break – TBD
- Ignatian Breakfast - February 10, 2022
- Mom Prom - February 27, 2022
- Freshman Registration - March 3, 2022
- Spring Break Maintenance Crew Support - Spring Break – TBD
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation for P/T Conferences - March 15, 2022
- PFA Spring Retreat - April 6, 2022
- Ignatian Breakfast - April 29, 2022
- “The Last Dance” (formerly post prom) - April 30, 2022
- SWAT Team - Random
This closed group offers a little bit about everything you need to know to help you as you navigate your son's journey at Prep. Parents answer questions fielded by other parents.
Meet the PFA President
My husband Jeff and I have three kids that attended St. Patricks in Elkhorn. Our oldest graduated from Duchesne and is a junior in college at TCU. We have two sons. Our oldest just graduated and is headed to Notre Dame and the younger son is a junior.
Prep has been a wonderful community for our boys and family. I have enjoyed my time volunteering in the Deans office, co-chairing BASH and getting involved in the many activities of the PFA.
I've met so many parents, students and faculty and staff. It's been rewarding being able to help contribute to the many successful endeavors that enrich the lives of my sons and all the boys. PFA definitely has strong presence and has a place for everyone who wants to get involved - big and small roles.
For any questions about Prep Family Association, please email President Catherine Mahoney or call her at 402-850-0428.