Summer Camps offered by Creighton Prep
Registration for all camps open on March 1, 2018
The coaching staff at Creighton Prep invites you to the Creighton Prep Basketball Academy. We will be spending three nights a week working on the fundamentals of the game as well as live competition. We will be teaching form shooting, ball-handling, footwork, post play, defense, team offense, team defense and other fundamentals of the game.This is a great introductory to the incoming freshmen who have an interest in basketball.The staff includes: Josh Luedtke (Varsity Coach), Andy King (Varsity Assistant), Nick Thompson (JV Coach), Eric Thompson (Soph Coach) and Ralph Setter (Freshman Coach). Also current and former players will be on hand to help assist the camp and work with the future players.If you have any questions, please email Coach Luedtke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise please register online under Summer Camps.
Who: Incoming Freshmen
- Tuesdays - July 11,18,25
- Wednesday- July 19
- Thursdays - July 6, 13
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Contact: Josh Luedtke email@example.com
Dear Parents and Campers,
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the Summer Basketball Camps at Creighton Prep. At our camps, we emphasize the importance of the skills and fundamentals of basketball to all campers. The camp will allow each camper to improve his overall game and give him the ground work to improve his game throughout the summer. Our campers will drill and compete within their age groups in various skill competitions such as dribbling, passing, rebounding, shooting and defense.Beyond individual skill development, we emphasize the importance of teamwork, getting good grades and sportsmanship.
Josh Luedtke, Creighton Prep Basketball Coach
June 4-7th (Going into grades 3rd,4th, and 5th) 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
June 4-7th (Going into grades 6th, 7th, and 8th) 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
June 11-15th (incoming freshmen) 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Cost:$85.00 (includes a t-shirt)
- Dates: June 18 - 21
- Time: 8:30a – 11a
- Age Group: any athlete entering 3rd-8th grade this fall (2018).
Camp directors will be the Creighton Prep varsity football coaches and players.
The philosophy of the camp is to have fun and learn the fundamentals of the game of football. The camp is intended for players of all experience levels and campers will be separated by grade level. Each camper will participate in competitive drills and games utilizing teamwork and emphasizing sportsmanship.
- Monday, June 18 – Thursday, June 21, 8:30a – 11a
- Cost: $80 (Includes a camp t-shirt)
- Location: Creighton Prep – Carmen & Don Leahy Stadium (enter via west parking lot)
- What to bring: football shoes, water and a great attitude
For additional information, please contact Tim Johnk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates: May 29-July 2 (meetings on Mondays and Thursdays)
- Time: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Grade Levels: 6-12, limit of 5 students per class
- Cost: $120
- Required Materials: Guitar, either electric or acoustic. A small practice amp will be required if a student has an electric guitar. Handheld tuner or tuner app.
Beginning guitar is an introductory camp designed for beginners only; no prior musical experience is necessary. The camp will emphasize proper playing technique, basic chords and melodies, rhythm, and building a repertoire of songs to perform. The camp will introduce students to a variety of different musical styles; including rock, folk, country, and blues.
Creighton Prep soccer camp where the focus is fun!
Creighton Prep soccer camp is for boys and girls from 5 to 12 years old (for students entering kindergarten through 6th grade in the fall of 2018). The focus is on learning and loving the game of soccer. Camp is organized and supervised by Creighton Prep soccer coaches, Tom Hoover, Jim Swanson and Steve Monzu. Soccer camp is also taught by male and female high school players from Creighton Prep and other local high schools. Campers are asked to bring a water bottle, soccer ball and a snack (No peanut snacks please).
For questions, please contact the coaches by email or call Creighton Prep – 402-393-1190. You may email Jim Swanson email@example.com or Tom Hoover firstname.lastname@example.org
Speed and Agility Camp
- Dates: Tuesday, May 29- Friday, June 1, 2018
- Grade Levels: boys and girls entering the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grade
- Incoming 3rd-5th grade boys and girls: 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Incoming 6th-9th grade boys and girls: 1:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Cost: $80 (includes a t-shirt)
- Location: Creighton Prep Athletic Facilities (indoor/outdoor). Check-in will be in the Heider Center lobby everyday
- What to bring: indoor athletic shoes and water
Contact: TJ Fyfe via email@example.com or Nick Svehla at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increased speed, agility, and quickness
- Improved balance and coordination
- Better flexibility and range of motion
- Increased power and explosiveness
- Enhanced athleticism
- Improved Vertical Jump
- Have Fun
- Meet new friends
Outline of camp day:
- 1 – 1½ hours of speed and agility drills
- 1 – 1½ hours of competition/games
- Other speed and agility game
** In case of inclement weather, we will use the Heider Center and Mullen gymnasiums
Strength and Conditioning Camp
- Dates: June 4th. through June 29th. (4 weeks/16 workouts)
- Time: 3 groups are available with 50 students in each group, 10am 11am and 12pm
- Age: In-coming freshman
- Cost: 150.00 each student ($10 a workout)
- Location: Creighton Prep workout facility
- Instructor: Dan Barton, Prep’s strength and Conditioning Coach
Creighton Prep’s strength and conditioning camp will maximize the potential of each student-athlete through a comprehensive 4-week training program. It will teach vital components involved in achieving excellence in athletic performance. Each student-athlete will develop using proper technique in safe, supervised environment and they will develop speed, agility and conditioning.
- Dates: July 16th – 19th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Grade Level: Open to all 2nd-12th grade boys and girls
- Cost: $40 and will receive t-shirt at camp
- Location: At Creighton Prep High School Wrestling Room
- Park on East side of the school and enter through the gym doors on the north end (there will be signs to lead you to the room from there)
- What to Bring/Wear: Wrestling shoes, athletic shorts, and t-shirt
- Warm Up
- Technique Session
- Live Wrestling
- Technicians will include Prep coaches
- Head Coach: Andrew Fisher
- Assistant Coaches: Ben Fisher, Rowan Stander, Cody Hobbs, Troy Nelson, Chris Egan, and Austin Wilson
Any Questions please email Andrew Fisher at email@example.com