Creighton Prep Athletics
Football Spectator Policy Updates
Football at Creighton Prep is an annual fall tradition and we know that many of you love to cheer on the Jr. Jays on Thursday and Friday nights. Much like so many other activities these days, this year things will be a little different.
Prep, in accordance with the guidelines established by the Metro Conference, is restricting attendance at all football games to only family members of participating players. This policy applies to all home and away games. Those families eligible to attend have been issued special vouchers that will allow them to purchase tickets at the games.
You can safely watch Prep varsity football games via TV broadcast or live stream. Here’s a list of the games that are currently scheduled to be broadcast on TV:
- Thursday, October 15 at 7 p.m. Jr. Jays vs. Papillion-La Vista at Westside. Watch the game on:
- Live stream on CPTV's YouTube channel.
- Live on Cox Communications - YurView Channel 13
- Replay on YurView Channel 13 on Saturday, October 17 at 10 am and 4 pm; Tuesday, October 20 at 10 pm; and Wednesday, October 21 at 5 pm.
Check our website for additional schedule updates for games that will be live-streamed or broadcast on TV.
Go Jr Jays!
About Creighton Prep Athletics
Creighton Prep has an athletic tradition that is unequaled in the state of Nebraska. The many successes on the field of play are made even more significant because of the unique role that athletics plays at Jesuit high schools. The rich history of athletics at Creighton Prep is the result of a commitment to the Ignatian values that are found in the profile of the Graduate at Graduation and in doing so, engage student-athletes fully in mind, body and heart.
Student-athletes, coaches and parents are called upon to work together in a true value of sportsmanship to assist in creating an environment in which those Ignatian values can be revealed, tested and proven relevant to the entire school community. Athletics has had an important role in ensuring the school's mission of "building men for others" is met.
Prep offers 10 NSAA sports throughout the school year. In addition, Prep currently has four club sports and a comprehensive intramural program. Prep also has a full-time strength and conditioning coach to teach and monitor the students in the weight room. Off-season and in-season conditioning are important for young athletes to prepare them for competition. Many sports offer freshman teams, while others have a no-cut policy. All of this adds up to plenty of opportunities for Prep students to get involved in a club or sport.
These are the NSAA & Club Sports Offered
- Fall Sports: Tennis, Football, and Cross Country
- Winter Sports: Basketball, Swimming, and Wrestling
- Spring Sports: Baseball, Track, Golf, and Soccer
- Club Sports: Lacrosse, Power Lifting, Hockey, and Trap Shooting
- There are no cuts in Football, Cross Country, Wrestling, Track and Club Sports.