FINE ARTS EXTRAVAGANZA
Prospective 7th and 8th graders are invited to join us for a musically-centered Shadow Day on Friday, October 27. Students can choose to experience Creighton Prep classes in Band or Choir and end with a short concert at the end of the day. See below for what the day’s schedule will look like!
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27
You'll experience two different class periods based on your interests to see these awesome spaces on our campus.
- Band: Honors Winds, AP Music Theory
- Band students should bring their own instrument.
- Choir: Chamber Choir, Choir
If interested in both Band and Choir, select that during registration and you'll have the opportunity to experience a mix of the classes!
- 7:45 A.M. - Check in
- 8 - 9:25 A.M. - Period 1: Honors Winds or Chamber Choir
- 9: 35 - 11 A.M. - Period 3: AP Music Theory or Choir
- 11:10 - 11:50 A.M. - Composition/Production Lesson
- 12 P.M. - Lunch and Introductions
- 12:30 - 3 P.M. - Clinics and rehearsal
- 3:30 P.M. - Parent concert and reception
- Dress Code
- Students should be in our regular dress code. A collared button-up polo or dress shirt is required. Shirts must be tucked in so that the belt is visible. Pants or shorts should be conventional, solid colors such as black, navy blue, stone, brown, olive and khaki. Shoes must be closed-toed.
- Parent Portion
- On this day, we will also have an optional "Parent Portion," where parents/guardians are welcome to stay and walk through some FAQs about Creighton Prep and the admissions process. Plan to stay for about 30 minutes after dropping off your son, to get your questions answered! The Parent Portion will begin approximately 8 a.m.