We're here to answer any questions you may have about Prep, the application process, academics and activities. Below are some commonly asked questions and answers. If you don't find your answer, let us know and we'd be happy to help.
- Does Creighton Prep provide services for students with diagnosed learning differences?
- If I am accepted, are there placement tests for any courses in my freshman year?
- Do you have a 1-to-1 technology program?
- What kind of athletic opportunities are available at Prep?
- What other ways can I get involved at Prep as a student?
Prep's learning specialist is responsible for establishing and executing accommodation plans for students with special learning needs. They work with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to ensure that all Prep students with learning differences have the resources they need to succeed. Contact Bridget Cannon-Hale, Learning Specialist, for more information.
A student may take a placement exam in math and world language in the spring semester, after being accepted to Prep to be considered for advanced placement in courses. Placement for Honors English is based on percentiles received in the reading and language sections from the entrance exam. Placement for science is based on math and quantitative percentiles from the entrance exam.
Prep offers 10 sports sanctioned by the NSAA and 4 club sports. Creighton Prep is a Class A school and competes within the Class A state tournaments.
- Fall Sports: Cross Country, Football and Tennis
- Winter Sports: Swimming, Basketball, Wrestling and Bowling
- Spring Sports: Soccer, Golf, Baseball and Track
- Club Sports: Lacrosse, Hockey, Trap-Shooting, and Power-Lifting
- What do I need to do to apply for Prep?
- When is the entrance exam?
- How can I prepare for the entrance exam?
- What Entrance Exam does Prep use?
- What does Prep look for in an applicant?
- When will I know my admissions decision?
- Register for the 8th Grade Scholarship & Entrance Exam on Saturday, January 8, 2022.
- When you register for the test, you will receive a link to the online application, due Friday, January 21, 2022.
- After completing the 8th Grade Scholarship and Entrance Exam, your son will bring home a recommendation form. Sign this form and give it to your son’s current school to complete by Friday, January 21, 2022. His school should return the form along with the following required academic information to Creighton Prep:
- 7th grade grades
- 8th grade first semester grades
- Any standardized tests
4. If you are interested in financial aid, the application will be available Monday, November 8, 2021. Submit your financial aid application before Friday, January 21, 2022.
Prep offers an optional Pre-Exam for any 7th grader looking to attend Prep. This year, that test will also be Saturday, January 8, 2022. If you're an 8th grader and did not take this Pre-Exam, no need to worry - contact Prep and we will give you some potential options for study guides.