HEALTH & WELLNESS
Creighton Prep provides a full lunch menu on a daily basis, complete with a wide variety of fresh, healthy foods and different portion sizes. Students can return for seconds or more if they like. They are also expected to be judicious in portion size.
- The annual fee for lunch, along with tuition, is paid through an account with FACTS Management Company.
- If your son has food allergies or dietary restrictions, contact Director of Dining Services Jon Dye at (402) 393-1190, Ext. 3375 so that he and his staff from FLIK Independent School Dining can plan to accommodate him.
- Visit the Frequently Asked Questions section below or contact CFO Alex Zimmerman with any questions or concerns.
Breakfast & After School Snacks
We invite students to participate in our before and after-school food service program – a new cost-effective and efficient way for students to grab food outside of our lunchtime service. You can choose from one or two meals a day for a set price each semester.
- Convenient: Students stay on campus to eat before and after school.
- Cost-Effective: Cheaper than eating at Canes, Freddy's, or Chick-fil-A, while saving 40% compared to purchasing a la carte snacks at Prep.
- Cash-Free Transactions: No need to dole out cash each day for your son to pay for snacks. Now you can pay once a semester through your FACTS account.
What's on the Menu?
The menu changes from time to time, but students can usually count on breakfast croissants, breakfast pizza, scrambled eggs, bacon, and juice or milk in the morning. After school, cookies, chicken fingers, and mozzarella sticks are student favorites.
COST & DETAILS
One meal per day for one semester at $180
Two meals per day for one semester at $300
In the fall, your son will receive a student ID that is scanned each time he wants to eat.
All fees will be charged to your FACTS account.
Use this form to sign up for the meal plan of your choice for the spring semester by Friday, January 7.
À LA CARTE OPTION
Breakfast and after school snacks also can be purchased by your son through cash or a MySchoolAccount that you create and fund. Breakfast is served in the commons from 7-8:15 a.m., and after school snacks are served from 2:45-3:10 p.m.
- Email Jacqui Warren in the Business Office or call her at (402) 548-3859.
DRUG & ALCOHOL Testing
At the beginning of the 2014-2015 academic year, Creighton Prep implemented mandatory and random drug and alcohol testing for all students. This is part of a developing health and wellness program at Prep and an ongoing commitment by the school to the Jesuit philosophy of cura personalis, or “care for the whole person.”
The drug and alcohol testing program:
- Educates students about substance use and discourages use through verifiable means.
- Provides earlier intervention that focuses initially on non-disciplinary support.
- Fosters an environment that makes it easier for students to say “no.”
View the policy as it appears in the Student-Parent Handbook.