Our mission is to prepare gifted middle school males for academic and social success in college preparatory education.
Loyola Scholars is a year-round, three-year academic and leadership achievement program serving middle school sixth-to-eighth-grade males in the Omaha metro area who are academically talented, have leadership potential and whose households have significant financial need.
By nurturing gifts of the mind and spirit, Loyola Scholars strives to form young men of faith, scholarship, leadership and service, ready for a college preparatory education.
- Currently enrolled 5th grade male
- Demonstrates good academic ability and homework responsibility
- Possesses motivation, desire for academic achievement and shows leadership potential
- Household demonstrates significant financial need (guidelines similar to free or reduced lunch eligibility)
- Family support of education and faith-centered child development
- Able to commit and stay dedicated to a three-year program (one month in summer and 20 Saturday class days each year)
- Nomination season opens in January each year at the beginning of the second academic semester.
- Nomination by elementary school principal, teacher, counselor, pastor or director of religious education, or the adult leader of another educational community-based organization.
- Submit application, official school transcripts, standardized test scores and household income verification.
- Student and family interview.
- Fifteen students will be selected to join the program each year.
- Each family will be notified of the final decision by a member of the selection committee.
- Attend one monthlong full day summer program at Prep each June before 6th, 7th and 8th grade years.
- Attend 20 half-day Saturday program sessions at Prep each academic year during 6th, 7th and 8th grade years.
- Provide a copy of the student's report card each semester.
- Attend parent and student conferences with program director each semester.
- Make family contribution of $100 each year during 6th, 7th and 8th grade.
- Attend Loyola Scholars graduation ceremony at the end of 8th grade year.
Loyola Scholars Support Team
Qualified educators and staff focused on the high academic and social standards of Creighton Prep. The team includes Creighton Prep teachers and alumni, teachers with experience educating gifted students, and high-achieving Creighton Prep students – who educate, inspire, support and care for all Loyola Scholars and their families.
Heider Family Loyola Scholarship TO PREP
Upon successful admission to Creighton Prep as an eighth grade student, graduates of the Loyola Scholars program earn a full-tuition scholarship to cover their costs to attend Prep. This is made possible through the generosity of the Heider Family Foundation.