Our mission is to prepare gifted middle school males for academic and social success in college preparatory education.
Loyola Scholars is a year-round, three-year academic and leadership achievement program serving middle school sixth-to-eighth-grade males in the Omaha metro area who are academically talented, have leadership potential and whose households have significant financial need.
By nurturing gifts of the mind and spirit, Loyola Scholars strives to form young men of faith, scholarship, leadership and service, ready for a college preparatory education.
- Currently enrolled fifth-grade male.
- Demonstrates good academic ability in class and on standardized tests.
- Possesses motivation, a desire for academic achievement and shows leadership potential.
- Household demonstrates significant financial need (guidelines similar to free or reduced lunch eligibility).
- Family support of education and faith-centered child development.
BEGIN JANUARY 4, 2022
- Nomination season opens in January each year at the beginning of the second academic semester.
- Nomination by elementary school principal, teacher, counselor, pastor or director of religious education, or the adult leader of another educational community-based organization.
- Submit application, official school transcripts, standardized test scores and household income verification.
- Student and family interview.
Loyola Scholars Support Team
Qualified educators and staff focused on the high academic and social standards of Creighton Prep. The team includes Creighton Prep teachers and alumni, teachers with experience educating gifted students, and high-achieving Creighton Prep students – who educate, inspire, support and care for all Loyola Scholars and their families.
Heider Family Loyola Scholarship TO PREP
Upon successful admission to Creighton Prep as an eighth grade student, graduates of the Loyola Scholars program earn a full-tuition scholarship to cover their costs to attend Prep. This is made possible through the generosity of the Heider Family Foundation.