The Alumni Volunteer Corps (AVC) is an opportunity for Creighton Prep graduates who have recently graduated from college to once again become involved in the school. Simply put, it provides them the opportunity to use their gifts to serve within the Prep community over the course of the academic year.
It is ideal for Prep grads who would like to do real and meaningful work as teachers, coaches, tutors, etc., helping current Prep students become men of faith, scholarship, leadership and service.
A year in the AVC is also a great opportunity for alumni to gain valuable work experience as they discern the next steps in their lives as Men for Others.
“The AVC program has reinforced the values I learned as a student at Prep. It has opened my eyes to how many ways Prep prepared me for life after high school, and how the school continues to expand its services for current and incoming students.” — Will Hausman ‘14, former Alumni Volunteer Corps member
Creighton Prep is currently accepting applications for a full-time faculty position in the English Department as an English teacher beginning on January 2, 2023.
Possible courses, programs, and activities include:
- Any level of college preparatory English language and literature, with a preference for Advanced Placement and dual enrollment certification
- Coaching or moderating teams, clubs, or other extra-curricular activities
- Bachelor’s degree in English with preference given to candidates who have graduate degrees in this field
- Valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Language Arts or the ability to obtain one prior to January 2023
- Preference is given to teachers who have the credentials needed to offer dual enrollment college credit
- Experience with and desire to engage in extracurricular activities such as coaching or moderating clubs and activities is highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is based on academic background and teaching experience and is highly competitive with local school districts
- Health insurance, retirement, summer and major holidays breaks
- Opportunity to work with talented and motivated students
- Collaborate with highly collegial, professional, and engaging faculty
- Creighton Prep is a Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory school and the faculty and staff are committed to living out of those values personally and professionally
- Teachers have the resources and autonomy they need to be creative, collaborative, innovative, and focused on their students