Creighton Preparatory School is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of College Counseling starting in August 2022.
The Director of College Counseling will work in collaboration with school guidance counselors to provide students and parents with specialized expertise and insight into the college admissions and scholarship application processes.
- Coordinating and managing programming related to the college admissions and scholarship application processes.
- Organizing and managing college visits and maintaining positive relationships with college partners.
- Preparing, organizing, and presenting college admissions and scholarship information to students and parents.
- Providing individualized college counseling as needed.
- Minimum of three years of proven college counseling experience with the ability to provide references indicating exceptional performance in the area of college counseling.
- Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of colleges and universities nationwide: their academic programs, admission policies, and financial aid policies and procedures.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Creative problem solver.
- Knowledge of Naviance strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the mission and values of a Jesuit, Catholic, college preparatory high school.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation for this full-time position is based on background and related work experience and is highly competitive with surrounding school districts
- Health insurance and retirement
- Opportunity to work with talented and motivated students and parents
- Highly collegial, professional, and engaging work environment
- Creighton Prep is a Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory school, and the faculty and staff are committed to living out those values personally and professionally
Interested candidates should email a letter of introduction and a résumé to Head of School Jim Bopp.
The Alumni Volunteer Corps (AVC) is an opportunity for Creighton Prep graduates who have recently graduated from college to once again become involved in the school. Simply put, it provides them the opportunity to use their gifts to serve within the Prep community over the course of the academic year.
It is ideal for Prep grads who would like to do real and meaningful work as teachers, coaches, tutors, etc., helping current Prep students become men of faith, scholarship, leadership and service.
A year in the AVC is also a great opportunity for alumni to gain valuable work experience as they discern the next steps in their lives as Men for Others.
“The AVC program has reinforced the values I learned as a student at Prep. It has opened my eyes to how many ways Prep prepared me for life after high school, and how the school continues to expand its services for current and incoming students.” — Will Hausman ‘14, former Alumni Volunteer Corps member
Creighton Prep is searching for a Director of Communications to serve the school’s communications needs. The position will be responsible for developing and implementing all components of strategic communication and marketing plans for Creighton Prep.
Expertise in messaging, strategic communication planning, and knowledge of various uses and benefits of channels of communication, particularly web and social media channels is critical. Collaboration and the ability to work under tight deadlines and on multiple projects also are prerequisites.
The position will work with the President, Head of School and Vice President of Advancement to ensure consistent, clear and effective messaging from all parts of the school. This messaging will include the following areas: strategic communication, external communication (including media/public relations and web/social media programming) and internal communication.
Strategic Communications Planning
- Develop, execute, and oversee strategic communication activities, including communication calendars, key messaging, dissemination strategies and analytics.
- Develop media relations strategy, relationships and dissemination practices.
- Manage all appropriate communications media and vendor relationships to convey information about key appointments, programs, student initiatives, service, successes and other news of interest to the wider Omaha community. Ensure content is compelling, fresh, accurate and communicates the mission and vision of Creighton Prep.
- Direct the development, production and delivery of all communications materials for the Advancement and High School offices. Examples include, but are not limited to the Prep Magazine, Prep Annual Report, brochures, videos, invitations and special letters.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions to develop enrollment and admissions strategies and materials including content for brochures, email, social media and other means to promote student enrollment at Creighton Prep.
- Research and develop potential Creighton Prep stories. Maintain close relationships with potential news sources within the school community.
- Serve as a member of the Crisis Communication Team.
- Develop, oversee and execute internal communications including parent newsletters, social media and informational mailers.
- Serve as speechwriting counselor for President and Head of School.
- Manage the overall Creighton Prep communications budget.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a degree in journalism, communications or marketing preferred.
- Significant background, no less than three to five years in public or media relations, marketing, or related communications experience.
- Demonstrated strength in developing and executing multi-tiered communications strategies.
- Demonstrated independent judgment and initiative; ability to exercise leadership, work both independently and as part of a team, and attend to details.
- Ability to think strategically, plan effectively, and direct and manage multiple projects to maximize staff talent and time and meet deadlines.
- Superior verbal, written, editing, communications planning skills and news management required.
- Knowledge of information systems applicable to communications assignments such as Finalsite or other related platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic and interactive use of social media platforms.
- Committed to the Catholic, Jesuit mission of Creighton Prep.
- A high level of personal integrity, a demonstrated commitment to high standards and attention to detail, including the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting Creighton Prep’s priorities through developing excellent relationships with faculty, trustees, volunteers and the various administrative teams at Creighton Prep.
- Willing to work occasional evenings or weekends.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a letter of introduction and a résumé to email@example.com.